24 September 2020, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Passengers will now be able to complete the whole booking procedure for ANA flights through the airline ticket comparison function on “Google Flights” and purchase tickets using “Book on Google”.
- Compatibility with “Google Flights” further streamlines the booking process for travellers
All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest and 5-Star airline for eight consecutive years now makes it possible to book flights directly through Google. Fully integrated with the company’s “Book on Google” service, passengers will be able to find ANA flights and book them by using the ticket comparison search platform “Google Flights”. This capability was made possible by implementing a platform that adheres to New Distribution Capability (NDC) guidelines.
Previously, when customers wanted to make a reservation for an ANA flight through “Google Flights”, they would need to enter flight information such as date and destination. After selecting the flight on “Google Flights”, the passenger would be re-directed to ANA’s official website to make a reservation and purchase a ticket. The introduction of the “Book on Google” service streamlines the process and allows for flights to be easily booked through the following steps:
- After conducting a search on “Google Flights”, customers can complete the reservation and purchasing procedure on the “Google Flights” page without going to the official ANA website.
- Travelers can view and purchase optional securing seat reservations in advance. This option used to be offered mainly on ANA reservation sites and call centers.
- Once customers log in to their Google accounts, their registered names and contact information will automatically be displayed when filling out travel details. In addition, if the customer has registered their credit card with Google PayTM their credit card information will also be displayed automatically to allow for a smoother transition from search to reservation to payment process.
Source and photo: ANA